What Are Tactile Ground Surface Indicators?
Tactile Ground Surface Indicators are designed to assist any person with a temporary, permanent, full or partial vision-impairment to negotiate a built environment. They provide guidance and/or warning of an obstruction or hazard in any location where insufficient alternative or ‘natural’ tactile cue exists in a built environment. When combined with other environmental information, TGSI’s assist people who are blind or vision-impaired with their orientation.
Difference Between Warning & Directional Tactile Ground Surface Indicators
Warning – Truncated domes designed to warn pedestrians of hazards in the path of travel.
Directional – A series of raised bars aligned to advise pedestrians of the direction of travel to a facility or point of service.
What Makes Our ESP Access® Tile So Tough?
Each ESP Access® Tile is manufactured through a high-pressure compression process of a sheet moulding compound (SMC). Produced with our unique ‘Herculite’ material, we construct every ESP Access® Tile using the highest quality components and with additional UV stabilisers for the harsh Australian sun. This ensures that the Access® Tile will maintain it’s individual Luminance Contrast values over the long term.
Fast, Efficient & Cost Effective.
- Installs in minutes to any finished substrate.
- Immediately trafficable – No curing time.
- Unique fibre-reinforced ‘Herculite’ formula ensures that the Access® Tile maintains its strength, durability & colour over the long term.
- Fully compliant & rigorously tested to meet and exceed all AS/NZS1428.4.1:2009 requirements.
Cast In Place
ESP’s Cast in Place Access® Tile boasts the easiest and fastest installation in the industry requiring no concrete demolition and needing only a single fastening device. The replaceability feature of the tile is industry leading due to it’s simplicity & speed.
The Ultimate In Tactile Design.
- Installs in minutes during the concrete finishing stage
- The replaceability feature of the tile is industry leading due to its simplicity and speed
- Corrosion resistant hexagonal anchors designed to entrap concrete for optimal anchoring
- Fully compliant & rigorously tested to meet & exceed all AS/NZS1428.4.1:2009 requirements